Information about licenses and fees for doing business within the City of Billings are available at City Hall or in our published ordinances here. These forms are available for printing but must be completely filled out and dropped off or mailed to City Hall. All required documentation and payment must be included with your submission. Please allow three (3) business days for processing.
- Business License Application Form
- Business Licenses Issued in Billings thru October 18, 2019
- Business Licenses Issued in Billings thru May 2019 (not complete)
Billings Merchant’s Association
This group of Billings’ businesses and entrepreneurs are dedicated to helping our community and local businesses by offering events and positive promotions. They organize the Spring Fling and a Fall Harvest Event. Their is food and lots of local things for sale to thousands (5k people came to their first in 2018). To find out how to join, learn about their events or support them, like and follow their Facebook page here, or ask a local member.
Construction, Maintenance & Repair
Ordinances related to construction permits, fees, insurance and contractor license requirements are located here. These forms are available to print but will need to be dropped off or mailed to city hall with payment, drawings, proof of insurance, tax payments and any other requirements listed by ordinance and on the forms.
The document below contains recent changes to certain ordinances related to the Planning & Zoning Commission work and includes the Initiation of Amendment to Rezone Application form.
- Building Permit Procedures & Application
- Building Permit Application Extension
- Electrical Service Upgrade Permit Application
Contractors licensed to do business in Billings
Planning & Zoning Commission – Agendas and Minutes
- Comprehensive Plan – 3rd Meeting Goals and Objectives
- Comprehensive Plan – 2nd Meeting
- Billings Comprehensive Plan
- Public Hearing Minutes from July 18, 2019 6:45 p.m. Bos Annexation
- Employment Opportunity