BILLING CITY LIBRARY MINUTES
February 12, 2019
The meeting was called to order by Jessie Coker. Those present were Rusty Bell, Tina
Didrickson and Ivy Maxwell. Guest were Scott Villarreal from the Christian County
- Copy of the rough draft of the Volunteer Policy Handbook was passed around
and reviewed by the member. Final draft to be submitted at a later date and
- Cataloging Software was presented by Tina Didrickson and “Library World”
was decided upon at $495/year costs. Ivy Maxwell made a motion to select
“Library World” and motion was seconded by Rusty Bell and the Motion was
- Upon Motion by Jessie Coker and seconded by Tina Didrickson, the motion was
passed to appoint Jan Morrison to a 2 year term expiring 01/01/2021.
- Upon Motion by Rusty Bell and seconded by Jessie Coker, the motion was
- passed to appoint Ivy Maxwell to a 1 year term expiring 01/01/2020.
- Approval of the 5K application forms for the Friends of the Library was passed
on Motion by Jessie Coker and seconded by Rusty Bell and approved by all.
Date of 5K to be September 21st. (Rain out date to Septemer 28th.) Also discussed were the Banner and T-shirt design for the 5K. Pre-k to and
including 2nd grade to design Banner with a prize to the winner. Grades 3 through 12 to design T-shirt design with a gift certificate going to the winner.
$25 pre-registration fee will be during the Fair. Any registration after the
fair will be $30. Snacks and drinks will be provided. Guest Scott Villarreal
agreed that Christian County Library will advertise for the 5K.
- Tina Didrickson gave an update on the four new computers.
- Motion made by Jessie Coker and seconded by Ivy Maxwell to approve the minutes from the January, 2019 meeting. Motion passed.
- Motion made by Tina Didrickson and seconded by Jessie Coker to approve the
Financial Report. Motion passed.
- Volunteer appreciation date discussed. Date set for April 13, 2019 at Noon.
- Softball and Fair concession discussed. Jessie Coker to request permission to
host concessions for the 2019 Softball and Fair from the City of Billings at the next meeting.
Ivy Maxwell, secretary