City Of Billings P.O. Box 207 Billings, MO 65610
Phone 417-744-2581 Fax 417-744-4560
AGENDA FOR THE REGULAR SESSION OF THE BILLINGS BOARD
OF ALDERMEN MEETING ON JANUARY 18, 2018
AT 7:00 P.M. IN THE BILLINGS CITY HALL
President of the Board Brown will open the meeting with the Pledge of Allegiance.
- Woods to discuss more bids for tractor and backhoe attachment. Possible Vote.
- Brown to discuss electrical bid for the storage building. Possible Vote.
- Brown to discuss prices for hanging heater and insulation for the storage building. Possible Vote.
- BILL NO. 17-12 — An Ordinance Amending the Municipal Code of the City of Billings, Missouri by Creating a New § 700.065 Regarding Non-Resident Surcharge for Water Service. First and Second Reading. Vote.
- BILL NO. 17-13 — An Ordinance Amending the Municipal Code of the City of Billings, Missouri at Title III, Schedule I Speed Limits, Regarding John Street. First and Second Reading. Vote.
NEW BUSINESS, MEMORIALS, PROCLAMATIONS AND ORDINANCES.
- Consent Agenda. Vote.
Review and approve the Minutes of the regular Session of December 21, 2017 of the Billings Board of Aldermen Meeting.
Review and approve the Treasurer’s Report.
Review and approve the Police Report.
Review and approve the Municipal Court Report.
Review and approve the Animal Control Report.
Review and approve the Wastewater Maintenance Report.
Review and approve the Water Report.
Review and approve the Building Inspector’s Report.
Review and approve the Library Report.
- Board to review and accept the resignation of Mayor Hodges effective December 22, 2017 at 2:00 P. M. Possible Vote.
- Board to make nominations for a new President of the Board for the year of 2018. Possible Vote.
- BILL NO. 18-01 — An Ordinance Amending the Budget for the Fiscal Year January 1, 2017 to December 31, 2017. First and Second Reading. Vote.
- Representative for Fire Department to address the Board concerning a Railroad disaster. FYI.
- Library will host 3rd Annual Chili Supper March 3rd from 5 to 8 p.m. FYI
- Does the Library have to have a business license as part of the city and also a not-for-profit? Vote.
- Brown to approve appointment of Kerri Culver to Library Board for a two year term 2018-2020. Other appointments Jan Morrison one year term, treasurer; Ivy Maxwell one year term, secretary; Whitney Packwood, President. Possible Vote.
- Brown to make appointments for liaisons as follows: Board to approve appointments in aggregate. Possible Vote
Library Jessie Coker
Planning & Zoning
- Brown to make appointments for City Employees as follows:
Police Chief David Taylor
Deputy City Clerk Chris M. Hopkins
Treasurer Chris M. Hopkins
Animal Control Officer Keith Hilburn
General Labor Keith Hilburn
Water & Wastewater Supt. Randy Poindexter
Water Clerk Gail Steinert
Receptionists Part-time Janice Bluebaum
General Labor Part-time Donnie Batson
Building Code Enforcement P/T Terry Danley
Ruth Haskins appointment to be by Ordinance in February.
Board to approve appointments in aggregate. Possible Vote.
- Board to discuss employee raises for 2018. Possible Vote.
- Taylor to discuss Williams has completed probation. Taylor recommends Williams be retained and given a raise of $.50 per hour. Possible Vote.
- Republic Services will be raising rates effective January 1, 2018 to $11.27 for residential cart and an additional $2.05 for extra cart. City needs to raise fees to customer to $12.00 for cart and to
$3.50 for extra cart. City’s old rates were $11.50 & $3.00. Board to approve the raise to customers. Possible Vote.
- Hopkins to discuss prepayment to A.M. Pyrotechnics of $5,000.00 for the Fireworks show to be scheduled for June 30, 2018. Possible Vote.
- Hopkins request permission to attend the GFOA Seminar in Columbia on February 28th. Expenses would be $95.00 for seminar and mileage of $192.60. Possible Vote.
- Economic Development Committee Would like to pursue artist concept for mural on wall of City Hall. Possible business donations and use the balance of Capital Improvements Sales Tax. Vote.
- Chief Taylor request a 20 MPH Ordinance and sign on Howcroft from Beverly to Pine St. Board to approve the Attorney to do an Ordinance for next meeting. Possible Vote.
- Taylor and Harter to discuss changing the monthly amount for the reserve for the Police Car from $300.00 to $525.00 per month. Possible Vote.
- Review and approve payment of wages, expenses, bills, statements and other expenditures for the month of December, 2017. Possible Vote.
President of the Board will ask for a motion to go into Closed Session Pursuant to Section 610.021(3) RSMo hiring, firing, disciplining employees.
Close the Meeting to the Public.
Reopen the Regular Session.
No further business.
The Undersigned, Hereby Certifies That a True Copy of the Foregoing Agenda was posted at City Hall, Billings, Missouri on this the 16th day of January, 2018 at 3:30 p.m.
Ruth M. Haskins, City Clerk