City Of Billings P.O. Box 207 Billings, MO 65610
Phone 417-744-2581 Fax 417-744-4560
AGENDA FOR THE REGULAR SESSION OF THE BILLINGS BOARD
OF ALDERMEN MEETING ON DECEMBER 21, 2017 AT 7:00 P.M.
IN THE BILLINGS CITY HALL.
Mayor Hodges to open the meeting with the Pledge of Allegiance.
- Revised Resolution for the Library, Board to authorize Mayor to sign. Possible Vote.
- BILL NO. 17-10. An Ordinance for Establishing the Budget for the Fiscal Year January1, 2018 to December 31, 2018. First and Second Reading. Vote.
- BILL NO. 17-11. An Ordinance Amending the Municipal Code of the City of Billings, Missouri at 88 700.290 and 700.300 Regarding Connection Fees for Water and Sewer. First and Second Readings. Possible Vote.
- Poindexter received two more bids for replacing the furnace at the wastewater plant postponed from last meeting. Price’s bid was $2,700.00; Down Home Heating and Air is $1,950.00 and Jon Wayne Heating & Air is $1,650.00. Possible Vote.
- Poindexter also received two more bids for maintenance of the generators postponed from the last meeting. A & J Power Systems, LLC was $2,005.69; Cummins Sales and Service is $1,334.00 and
Norton Power Systems is $1,180.00. Possible Vote.
- Mayor stated Officer Minnis has completed his probation as of last meeting. The hiring committee promised a $.50 per hour raise, which needs to be prorated to the end date of his probation. Possible Vote.
- Woods was to have more bids for a backhoe attachment, however Keith has been unable to find one that will work with the City’s tractor. Letter enclosed from Legacy Farm and Lawn.
NEW BUSINESS, MEMORIALS, PROCLAMATIONS AND ORDINANCES.
- Consent Agenda. Vote.
Review and approve the Minutes of the Regular Session of November 16, 2017 of the Billings Board of Aldermen Meeting.
Review and approve the Minutes of the Closed Session of November 16, 2017 of the Billings Board of Aldermen Meeting.
Review and approve the Treasurer’s Report.
Review and approve the Police Report.
Review and approve the Municipal Court Report.
Review and approve the Animal Control Report.
Review and approve the Street Department Report.
Review and approve the Wastewater Maintenance Report.
Review and approve the Water Report.
Review and approve the Building Inspector’s Report.
Review and approve the Minutes of the Library Board Meeting.
- Mayor to discuss bid for electrical work on storage building at wastewater plant. Bid enclosed. Possible Vote.
- Mayor to discuss getting bids for hanging type heaters and insulation for the storage building at the wastewater plant for the next meeting. Possible Vote.
- Archer-Elgin has requested approval from the Board on the bid for the CIPP project to the low bidder, Visu-Sewer of Missouri, LLC, base bid $270,815.00; Alternate B $91,216.00 and Alternate C $54,333.00. Notice of Award to be approved by Board and Archer-Elgin will notify the bidder. Other bids were Insituform Tech., LLC base bid $273,169.30; Alternate B $78,877.30 and Alternate C $55,345.00 and SAK Construction, LLC base bid $303,557.00; Alternate B $78,449.00 and Alternate C $55,651.25. Vote on awarding bid and giving Notice of Award.
- Archer-Elgin sent estimated costs for West Water and Sewer extensions. Discuss approval to make this next project. Possible Vote.
- Board discussion for changing Ordinance to charge water/sewer customers outside the city limits the Commercial Rates effective January 1, 2018. There will be 13 water customers on this rate and 1 sewer customer. The difference per month would be $5.29 for 2,000 gal. Possible Vote.
- Board approved changing speed limit on John St. to 20 MPH, have attorney do ordinance. Possible Vote.
- Review and approve payment of wages, expenses, bills, statements and other expenditures for the month of November, 2017. Possible Vote.
Mayor will ask for a motion to go into Closed Session Pursuant to Section 610.021(3) RSMo hiring, firing, disciplining employees.
Close the meeting to the Public.
Reopen the Regular Session.
No further business.
The Undersigned, Hereby Certifies That a True Copy of the Foregoing Agenda was posted at City Hall, Billings, Missouri on this the 19th day of December, 2017 at 3:30 p.m.
Ruth M. Haskins, City Clerk