Posted by chopkins | Posted in Agenda | Posted on 18-04-2017
City Of Billings P.O. Box 207 Billings, MO 65610
Phone 417-744-2581 Fax 417-744-4560
AGENDA FOR APRIL 20, 2017 REGULAR SESSION OF THE BOARD
OF ALDERPERSONS FOR THE CITY OF BILLINGS, MISSOURI
IN THE BILLINGS CITY HALL AT 7:00 P.M.
Mayor Hodges to open the meeting with the pledge of Allegiance.
a. Brown to discuss storage building for wastewater plant. Possible Vote.
b. Coker to discuss Employee Policy & Procedures Committee Meeting (Minutes in Packet). Committee has postponed this to the June Board Meeting.
c. Johnny Monger has submitted the Quit Claim Deed to be recorded on the retainage area on
John Street. FYI.
d. Poindexter to discuss the cost of a water meter for the Fire Department. Poindexter has a price
For an insertion flow meter, which would be installed inside on existing pipes. Price is $2,197.00. Possible Vote.
e. Blevins Asphalt finished the FEMA project. Request permission to release the check for
$20,452.50. Possible Vote.
f. Archer-Elgin and City Staff held a bid opening on April 13th for the CCTV Inspection of Sanitary
Sewer System Project. (Letter enclosed) The engineers recommend awarding the project to Ace
Pipe Cleaning, Inc. of Kansas City, Mo for the low bid of $70,432.00. The bid sheet is enclosed in
packet. Possible Vote to award the Contract to Ace Pipe Cleaning, Inc.
g. Consent Agenda. Vote.
Review and approve the Minutes for the Special Called Session of the Board of Alderpersons
Meeting of March 16, 2017.
Review and approve Employees Policy & Procedure Committee Meeting of March 23, 2017.
Review and approve the Treasurer’s Report.
Review and approve the Police Report.
Review and approve the Municipal Court Report.
Review and approve the Animal Control Report.
Review and approve the Wastewater Maintenance Report.
Review and approve the Water Report. (February & March)
Review and approve the Building Inspector’s Report.
h. Review and approve payment of wages, expenses, bills, statements and other expenditures for the
month of March 2017. Possible Vote.
Motion to have a 15 minute recess to acknowledge departing Board Members and to welcome new
members to the Board. Possible Vote.
NEW BUSINESS, MEMORIALS, PROCLAMATIONS AND ORDINANCES.
- Certification of Election Results from April 4, 2017. Oath of Office for the new members of
Ward One Tricia Huffman
Ward Two Nicolas Harter
Ward Three Marvin Woods
Extension of Capital Improvements Sales Tax passed 58% to 42% for two more years.
- Mayor to discuss donating $200.00 to the Billings Ministerial Alliance for the Easter Egg Hunt,
which was held at the Billings Assembly of God Church. Possible Vote.
- Mayor to discuss purchasing a new lawn mower, bid included in packet. Possible Vote.
- Poindexter to discuss having the instruments at the Wastewater plant calibrated annually at a
cost of $500.00 per year. Possible Vote.
- Mayor to discuss the water bill at 619 SW Hwy 14. City has only been charging a minimum
rate for a number of years. With the installation the grinder pump, should they now be charged
on the usage per month? Possible Vote.
- Hopkins to discuss Use Sales Tax, this could be a potential new revenue source. However, this
requires a vote of the people to approve, which could not be on the ballot until April of 2018.
- Mayor to make recommendations for appointments to the Fair Board. Janine Staiger – two year term; Lisa McClelland – two year term; Susan Sieloff – one year term; Doris Schmidt – one year;
Jerry Vermule –one year term and Gary Verch – one year term. Possible Vote.
- Board will have to submit recommendations to the Mayor for an Alderperson to be the liaison for the Fair Board. Possible Vote.
- Mayor to discuss change order for Hogans Painting at the water tower to provide and install check valve recirculation system (Tap Co. Patten) at a cost of $6,245.00 added to the contract. Possible Vote.
- FYI. Report from Ted Nichols on delinquent personal and real estate taxes in packet.
No further business.
The Undersigned, Hereby Certifies That a True Copy of the Foregoing Agenda was posted at City
Hall, Billings, Missouri on this the 18th day of April 2017 at 4:00 p.m.
Ruth M. Haskins, City Clerk